Is there a way to set an endpoint name prior to imaging a computer with Igel OSC? For example, prior to imaging the computer, you can input a structure tag into the settings. Is there also a setting where they can set the system’s name to “Laptop1” ?
There is a way to set settings before conversion but the hostname would need a counter to avoid conflicts or a variable incl the mac address which isn‘t integrated atm. Is renaming the devices automatically in UMS an option?
I was hoping the technicans could do it while on site during conversions. They don’t have access to UMS so they would have to tell someone each time they converted a computer over what the IP address is and computer name, then someone would have to manually enter it.
How is your hostname looking ? I mean what is the standard you are using?
They are a couple of ideas, starting from DHCP based renaming, script that opens after the first bootup where the technician could enter a name, etc…
Is the MAC address known ahead of time? They could be pre-imported into the console and would rename themselves when they check in.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I set an IGEL OS endpoint name prior to imaging a computer with IGEL OSC? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?