Hello – I am developing an IGEL Custom Partition running our 3rd party software on a Lenovo Thinkpad. I first used an IGEL OS Creator USB boot disk to install OS 11.04.100 with some starter licenses. We are joining the IGEL Ready Program so I rcv’d a number of licensed UD Pockets (OS 11.03.500) which I’ve used since the starter licenses expired. Development has been going well until yesterday.
I used to be able to boot from the Lenovo directly but it started hanging on the splash screen. I was able to boot from the UD pocket for quite some time but then it also started hanging on the splash screen after re-booting. I can still boot from the OS Creator boot disk (11.04.100) then reboot from the harddrive reliably. Can I transfer the UD Pocket licenses without having to boot from the UD Pocket disk?
Any insights on the best way to proceed would be most welcome. Thanks,
For your testing with Custom Partition creation, depending on what you are doing (such as calling systemctl (systemd) may impact hang on boot..
I would spin up a VM (VirtualBox / VMware Workstation / Fusion) as part of my CP creation workflow.
During boot … keep hitting <ESC>
Select Verbose Boot to watch where it is hanging…
Here is a sample CP for ConnectWise Control ScreenConnect
For this package, ConnectWise Control ScreenConnect, I moved the systemctl commands to custom commands …
I’ll dig in as you suggest – undoubtedly having more questions before very long. ;} Thanks
any way to grab the UD pocket licenses without booting from it? thanks, matthew
UD pocket has a key tied to it to allow for booting from different hardware.
TIP: For your workflow testing, use VMs and select 90 day eval license. Then just delete them when done.
@member Here is something you might also be interested in for your review…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ Can I transfer the IGEL UD Pocket licenses without having to boot from the UD Pocket disk?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?