with a RX 420 iGEL device on 11.01.100, trying to update the device firmware. it appears UMS is not working. is there a way to update the device firmware locally, via USB thumb drive or a http file server?
Hello Jesse, from which Firmware are you coming from?
I think it should update automatically over the Internet on boot. There’s a built in update service, pulling new firmware over the Internet.
Exactly but unfortunately not on earlier RC Versions (which I hope, isn’t the case):-D
the device is a Ncomputing RX 420 on firmware 11.01.100
Then you are on the latest officially build, the new 111 version should arrive soon (hopefully this week).
when doing the firmware update via UMS, received the following error
which firmware version are you assigning?
i will get the end customer on the chat to answer those questions.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I update the IGEL RX420 device locally via USB Thumb drive or via http server?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?