If I had some IGELs with a expired license. Can I upgrade these IGELs via UMS server after I import a valid licenses in UMS server?
Expired Igel version is 10.03.
new bought Igel license version is OS11.
If you have WE licenses left, yes. I would update the devices to OS11, then but by reflashing them, that would make it a bit easier, I guess. How many devices are concerned and do you have physical access to them?
What is WE? You mean I need to reinstall them by manually? Yes. I can physical access to them.
OS11 Workspace Edition Base OS Licence.
Well, you are not obliged to, but reimaging is a one step procedure. The Upgrade: 2 steps at least + licensing renewal / Upgrade in licensing portal.
Yes. I got a token and add it to license portal then dowlanded a licesne file and import the license file to UMS server. these have been done.
But my Igel 10.3 was not able to run upgrade order that pushed by UMS
I have to reimage old version Igel ?
Like explained: might be easier and save a few steps, you aren‘t obliged to.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I upgrade IGEL OS devices with expired licenses via UMS server after I import a valid licenses in UMS server?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”