Hi everyone! Does anyone know if one can use pictures (or other files) from a network path to display in the screensaver?
Hi Nelson, didn’t tested it for a long time but you could map a Networkdrive (Samba a.e.) through a profile:
and combine it with that KB:
I think you would be better off adding it as a “file” via UMS
Sometimes there is a external marketing department which changes things, and you don’t want them to ask the UMS admin everytime or having them using the UMS 🙂
True! I had not thought of that scenario
I see what you mean. I have tried to do this but I can’t seem to find a way to check if the drive is properly mounted.
The idea is to make it easy for Marketing people to upload files to a network path and not have to deal with learning the UMS or having to do it ourselves. These are weekly updates and are displayed in a hall on two touchscreen monitors
well, there you go
Opening a Terminal (accessories, terminal, +) would be the easiest way!
There is a terminal? where do I activate it?
Like written before 🙂 In a profile: accessories, terminal, +
Sorry, I am not paying attention. Thank you, i’ll try it out
Possible concern would be with Marketing putting a HUGE file out. So might want to give some guidelines on max file size.
Thank you for the tip!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I use pictures (or other files) from a network path to display in the IGEL OS screensaver?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?