I remember reading that OS 5, OS 10 and OS 11 cannot all coexist on the same UMS. What exactly will happen if I try to attach an OS11 device to my UMS that still has UDC2 and LX5 devices in it?
That‘s not exactly true, you should have an UMS 6 to use OS11 in a proper manner, yes.
But, the downgrade compatibility is given, the only issue you may encounter is related to TLS/SSL Ciphers and versions:
regarding older versions (early 5 and 4)
Hi Blair, I have all three versions very happily living together on UMS 6.x in my lab and at several of my customers sites as well.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can IGEL OS 5, OS 10 and OS 11 cannot all coexist on the same UMS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”