We have 24 HP thinclients with latest IGEL OS 580 connecting to WVD spring release. Can someone please tell me how the USB mapping/redirection works.
It currently is not supported by the WVD client
What about this? folder redirection including USB sticks
Yes, but only for USB storage devices and only if you have automount enabled, then it _should_ just work
Where do I enable the automount? In Igel OS the USB device is recognized but its not mounted in wvd
Goto Devices->Storage Devices-> Storage Hotplug and enable “Storage Hotplug” accept the other defaults.
Also verity Devices-Storage Hotplug->Options->Browse directory = userhome/media
When this set, within WVD you should be able to access the usb drives (that will be mapped as folders) under “media on %CLIENTHOSTNAME% in “This PC” using Windows Explorer
You could map it to a driveletter on serverside using eg “net use r: \tsclientmedia”
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can someone please tell me how the USB mapping/redirection works in WVD?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”