I have setup 2 UMS servers and form the HA, I was wondering how can I get the virtual IP/Host so that all setting(ie. Custom partition’s partitition data sources URL) can use the virtual hostname/ip instead of the sever actual hostname/ip. Thanks.
Hi, I would change the CP / FWU to igelrmserver which be already set by your DNS Alias:
That should be enough.
If my memory serve, DNS lookup run in RR mode so in the case of one UMS goes down, the client request would become 50/50, isn’t it?
Hi Wilis. that‘s exactly right. Since the devices have a couple of retries, that fits usually. If you want to avoid this behavior too, it would make sense to save this files on an external WEB / FTP Server which is redundant too.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can use the virtual hostname/ip instead of the sever actual hostname/ip with IGEL UMS HA?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?