Is there a way to have wake on lan proxies reboot on a schedule?
I tested it on 5.08.120 and 10.04.100 and.. well… it worked like a charm. Which kind of firmware / UMS are you using?
After some further research, I found the devices have been rebooting, they just didn’t get the updated profiles when they rebooted.
Make Sure there is no Firewall avoiding getting the Updated Configuration. Test locally from this client in the console with “probeport IGEL-SERVER-IP 30001”
If we remove them as proxies and reboot, they get their profiles. At least with the two we have.
I will put them back as proxies and monitor them
Sound like it shouldn behave like this.
Could you open a support ticket about this topic? Then our Support can check this
Support ticket is mandatory, thanks @member . You could try to open a terminal on endpoint side, and give get_rmsettings a try to see if the device is able to manually ask for new settings.
I always go to the communities of the software we run before opening tickets. Usually get a much faster response if it is a known issue. We will open a ticket if we are able to reproduce the issue.
You are right, that‘s our goal👍Sometimes it helps to get the issue recognized faster. Did the command help?
we had already removed them as proxies and rebooted
I will try and recreate it
but not tonight
Good idea, working during the night is a 50/50 chance between success and absolute desaster (I love backups).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can Wake on LAN proxies reboot IGEL OS devices on a schedule?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”