We have successfully configured browser content redirection with our IGEL clients (10.06) as descibed in support.citrix.com/article/CTX230052
Youtube videos are played very smoothy, but the browser itself seems to be cropped around the video (see attached example).
So we found the following RegKey to solve this issue:
Due to the limitation of CEF(Chromium Embedded Framework), client endpoint GPU needs to be disabled if DPI scaling factor is set to a number other than 100% in order for BCR feature to work. Otherwise BCR displays the website in a corrupted fashion (like zoomed in and cropped). To disable, configure on the Client:
Key: GPU (DWORD)
This seems to be solve issues on Windows clients.
But were can we disable GPU for HDXMediaStream on IGEL UMS ?
Not sure to get the context right, but disabling this:
would disable the h264 GPU usage.
I’m also having issue with BCR on firmware 11.02.156 and HP T630, h264 codec is enabled and the VDA is at 1909.
@member: Thank you for your reply. I can’t disable h264 GPU – only “automatic, H.264 Deep Compression Codec, JPEG” is available (see screenshot) or is it disabled with unchecked “Accelerated H 264 Deep Compression Codec ?
Also for example a screenshot from gotomeeting …
By unchecking and using Jpeg instead.
@member does this happen on several Devices (different GPUs)? I assume you already tested different Workspace Apps, right?
I have sent you a Link to a Private Build with Workspace App 19.10
@member Thank you for the link. We cannot use IGEL OS > 10.06 because of the new licensing in 11.x. Is Workspace App 19.10 also available on 10.06 ?
Sorry, no improvements with Workspace App 19.10. Also tested with another client (DELL Micro-PC) but same issue. Could it be another setting in UMS to get it fixed ?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can we disable GPU for HDXMediaStream on IGEL UMS ?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS