Is anyone running their UMS server on Windows Server 2016/2019 CORE? is server core officially supported by IGEL?
You would not be able to access the UMS Administrator Console (which is required for some functions still) without the local Windows UI.
The UMS Administrator can only be run from the local server.
One option could be to deploy the Linux UMS and then install the UMS console onto a laptop or admin server.
There is a separate component that manages the database and a few others items that cannot be installed on a separate device.
I just confirmed that it is not supported on Core servers.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can you run IGEL UMS server on Windows Server 2016/2019 CORE? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?