I am having trouble logging in the “Local Terminal” on an External IGEL OS device. I can get to the “Local Terminal screen that is displaying the following.
— rescue shell tty11 —
Press <RETURN> to login:
I have the Profile settings: SecurityPassword configured as follows.
What do you want to achieve exactly? Accessing a Terminal by using CTRL+Alt+F11 or Accessories,Terminal or SSH or Secure Terminal? What is the issue you are facing?
I’m trying to login as admin to the local terminal.
I need to execute the lsusb command to obtain all of the USBs connected to the IGEL OS device.
I’m using CTRL+Alt+F11
then, you should just enter
the Password you entered as Administrator Password
I have tried that & it fails. I have applied a new Profile at the device level to over ride the same Profile at the directory level because of a new password was set.
I have notice that the new Profile that I have applied to the device has the blue circle with ! next to the Profile Icon. I have rebooted this device several times already.
Then, right click the Device, Edit configuration, Security, move your mouse over the lock symbol left of the Administrator, Use password and check the profile.
It still isn’t working. I looking to create a new directory that doesn’t have the directory profile that has the Administrator password I’m trying to change. And only add the new Profile with the new Administrative password.
Please, reset the device to factory defaults first, just to get rid of the root cause,
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can’t log in to the “Local Terminal” on an External IGEL OS device’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?