Hey guys, I encountered a tricky scenario
1. Installed IGEL OS on my Thin Client and everything works fine.
2. Using AD authentication
3. Accidentally, screw up the NameServer and the Thin Client off the network. No longer managed by UMS
4. Now my Thin Client still requiring AD Authentication but I no longer able to login either via UMS Shadow or access to physical machine.
Since I can’t login to the thin client, how can I reset the profile or change the authentication method back to local user name / password ? I reinstall the entire thin client to get it working but is that the only option I have ?
the quickest option is probably going to be Ctrl+Alt+F11 to open an emergency terminal and running ‘reset_to_defaults’
I managed to get into Shell and pressed <Return> to login to ROOT. The command I should be inputting would be ‘reset_to_defaults’ in the shell command prompt ?
How can I get back to my IGEL login after getting into Ctrl+Alt+F11 ? … found the answer here : kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/terminals-27247066.html
Ctrl Alt F1 to get back to the main terminal 🙂 sorry, should have specified that you would need to reboot after that command – that can be done by entering ‘reboot’
Josh, thanks. You gave me the correct keywords to search in IGEL knowledge based. Very helpful…
Found this thread on how to reset : igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1529051146000360?thread_ts=1529049627.000173&cid=C8GP9JHQE
Excellent! Glad you were able to find that
I try to look for solution before posting but I don’t know what I don’t know. Your keywords helps me so I just look for that…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can’t login to the IGEL thin client, how can I reset the profile or change the authentication method back to local user name / password ?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS