Just installed UMS 6.05.110 on Ubuntu 20.04. Can log in with admin user to the UMS.
I now to try and login to the Webapp, but when i enter username and password (using credentials from above and also invalid creds) i only get the rotating circle at the login mask.
the stderr.log states:
ERROR HostConfig Error deploying web application archive [/opt/IGEL/RemoteManager/rmguiserver/webapps/wums-app.war]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[loca
Any ideas on how to fix that?
Did you tried different browser also outside of the VM itself?
Only tried on browser outside of that vm (FF and Chrome).
wums-app.eer|log exist, but are empty
Did you tried to restart the UMS Service?
Is there a SELinux enabled?
I ran into something very similar when I upgraded, and it was due to me being very stingy with the RAM, and the web server would not fully initialize. Can you confirm the resources you have added to the UMS box? I had to go with 2vCPU and 8GB.
> Did you tried to restart the UMS Service?
> Different users?
no – but it does not seem to even check a user, as i also tried completely non-sense users – and had the same outcome
Edit: created extra user – same
> Is there a SELinux enabled?
Running on 2 cpus with 2 cores each and 8 GB RAM
but will give 16 GB for a test
Could you uninstall, delete the /opt/igel folders and reinstall? Just in case…?
Is there an “official” uninstall command?
nvm – reverted to a snapshot
no change after reverting and new install.
Will check on mine 20.04 in a few moments.
Same here on 5.4.0-48. (20.04)
Trying now 18.04
Works on 4.15.0-122 (Ubuntu 18.04).
Ok. good to know.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can’t login to UGEL UMS Web app, receive spinning wheel’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?