Having an issue getting a TC to update firmware from Citrix Files (formerly ShareFile). We have tested the same settings from Filezilla and are able to download, so I know the information is correct. However, we had to accept a certificate through Filezilla and wondering if that is the reason why the TC won’t download it. This is a UDP and firmware version it is on is 10.04.100 and trying to update to version 10.05.500. Thoughts?
I guess I can test with straight FTP and see if that works, but I don’t want to leave FTP enabled.
@member, I guess you could from that device open a ff browser session and browse Citrix Files, will you then get a cert warning?
I can try that. attempting with just plain FTP first, as that would remove the cert altogether
Could also open a terminal, enter “curl https://citrix.files.fqdn” and see if the response gives anything
ftp isn’t working either. when I do curl https;//fqdn or curl fqdn it just sits there
ah, I didn’t wait long enough. It says it timed out
needed to put the port number
makes sense if its not 443
putting port number it comes up with not logged in
ok, when I add -u and add login information I can see the directories
I put in
curl beaconcu.sharefileftp.com:990 -u username:password
so it appears the site is accessible. Not sure what I have wrong in my profile then
I followed this guide: www.igel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/IGEL-OS-Firmware-Updates-Step-by-Step-Guide.pdf
okay, well, I got it to come up on the screen and say it was doing a firmware update, but it went really quickly and it still shows the old version installed. I right clicked on the device in UMS and told it to update on shutdown. DIdn’t think I would need to do that since the profile says to do it on shutdown. I’ll keep playing with it and will get it to work. Thanks @member for pointing me in the right direction.
Sure, no problems. I personally haven’t tested the Citrix Files update, so i cant help more at this stage.
I was able to copy a file to the TC using curl, it just doesn’t seem to want to do the update.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can’t update IGEL OS from Citrix Files (formerly ShareFile)? We have tested the same settings from Filezilla and are able to download, so I know the information is correct’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?