I’m still running into some issues deploying Horizon VMs with an Nvidia M10. We were having issues with Chrome freezing in Youtube (or vimeo/twitch…) maximized but I shut off vmware.view.glrenderer in the registry and the freezing stopped. Is this somewhat normal behavior? I didn’t run into the freezing with videos maximized in Firefox. We also still have an issue where we can’t enable hardware acceleration for Powerpoint slide shows. The hardware acceleration and Chrome maximized work fine if I’m directly doing an RDP session.
Sorry if already asked: on which hardware are you facing this issue? might it be a related to a specific CPU/GPU?
Thing is glrenderer has become obsolete nowadays. VMware replaced by a certain glbasicrenderer and it’s unclear if glrenderer is still used for any hardware at all.
And If you switch it on, nevertheless, you will get a fallback renderer (with uncertain capabilities) instead.
But these are all implementation details which can change from release to release, so it’s best not change anything.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Chrome is freezing video with VMware Horizon VMs with an Nvidia M10 on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?