I have a problem with a igel thinclient, When starting a citrix session to a sbc desktop i see the logon screen but after the the system looks to crash black screen and after that a reset. hardware is a UD3-lx 51 and firmware 10.06.190.01. when I try to start the desktop from an other client there is no problem. What could be the problem and where can i find some logging?
What Citrix Workspace App version are you using?
Are you using a specific setting here:
Do you have MMCP licensed on that device?
Running the default setting in the template, as far as i can see should it be 20.04
Try changing it to 19.10.0 and see how that goes
19.10 gives me the same problem
MMCP in place?
Uhm, i have no idea?
If you look on that device on UMS, is there a C at the end of the Product ID?
No there is not
On the other devices (that work), is it there a C?
Only on tje device type is a C on the end
does it start on the black screen forever, or just a long period of time and then continues to finish the logon?
what happens, Logon using the citrix logon screens, the screen of the server will appear, the i see back the igel background and then the screen is getting black (see the name of my desktop on top of the screen) and then everything is closed, also my remote vnc session and the i have to click the citrix icon to logoff and i can logon again, citrix session i snow disconnected
Dumb question, is it happening only on that device? If yes, could you reset the device to factory defaults and re-test?
no it happens on more
on that location we have 2 older clients and both having this issue
but i am going to replace them now
But only there then, and other endpoints in other sites, work as usual?
all other endpoints are working fine, and these 2 have problem now and then, in the meantime after 1,5 hour the one with the problem is now working again
but is there some ica client logging where i can find some info for trouble shooting?
Should be the regular log:
Parameter in the registry:
Activate the debug output of icaconfig and pnlogin
• ica.module.syslogtheshold = 7
Activate the debug output from the Citrix Workspace app
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS