Has anyone had luck with using ShareFile FTPS for hosting firmware updates for ICG devices? It requires implicit TLS/SSL which I don’t think is working with IGEL OS. I don’t have another external FTP so I’m not sure how best to deliver firmware updates to ICG devices outside the network.
Hi, just a short hint: did you had a look into Dougs Firmware Document? www.igel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IGEL-OS-Firmware-Updates-Step-by-Step-Guide.pdf If I remember right, there is a Sharefile Repo docu somewhere at page 37
Thanks Sebastien! It looks like he has it configured for plain FTP which we can’t enable on Sharefile for security reasons. I may have to look at some other storage.
I know this is a couple years old, but @member did you ever get this working with implicit TLS/SSL? Like you mentioned, the guide above is using straight FTP, which we are not able to enable. Also, one change since that guide is that ShareFile now requires MFA for any non-domain user (user created in sharefile itself). So one has to create an app password.
Hey David, I tested this, and sharefile does something odd with their passive FTP configuration that doesn’t allow it to work properly.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Citrix ShareFile FTPS for hosting firmware updates for ICG devices? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”