Has anyone had luck with using ShareFile FTPS for hosting firmware updates for ICG devices? It requires implicit TLS/SSL which I don’t think is working with IGEL OS. I don’t have another external FTP so I’m not sure how best to deliver firmware updates to ICG devices outside the network.
Hi, just a short hint: did you had a look into Dougs Firmware Document? www.igel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IGEL-OS-Firmware-Updates-Step-by-Step-Guide.pdf If I remember right, there is a Sharefile Repo docu somewhere at page 37
Thanks Sebastien! It looks like he has it configured for plain FTP which we can’t enable on Sharefile for security reasons. I may have to look at some other storage.
I know this is a couple years old, but @member did you ever get this working with implicit TLS/SSL? Like you mentioned, the guide above is using straight FTP, which we are not able to enable. Also, one change since that guide is that ShareFile now requires MFA for any non-domain user (user created in sharefile itself). So one has to create an app password.
Hey David, I tested this, and sharefile does something odd with their passive FTP configuration that doesn’t allow it to work properly.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Citrix ShareFile FTPS for hosting firmware updates for ICG devices? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”