anybody got any luck with configuring to use implicit ftp over ssl in passive mode for Universal Firmware Update optional FTP server?
I can use the FTPS server (vsftpd) via Filezilla (also from the UMS server 6.06.100 itself) but the connection test from within the UMS is unable to login.
Hm, here it works. Though the protocol is “FTPS passive” and the port is “21”. Not sure it’s falling back to FTP passive.
Beware: You have to open quite a lot of Ports so that can work. (source UMS, target FTP, ports 20, 21, 1024-65535)
Not necessarily in passive mode. There you can specify specific ports.
Do you use tls and/or vsftpd?
i tried using ftps (implicit) and FTPES (explicit) and could confirm that the login was successfully (by trying invalid passwords / directories – which gave an error) – it seems to be a permission problem (tried umask as well) but did not get it running.
i can use that same ftpes server as an update source within a profile though – but in this case i have to get the files there by other means.
i guess there is a bug (or at least a non existing valid documentation) within the implementation here. @member or @member do you guys have a documentation for that scenario?
Will check but I don‘t think so @member
Something KB like in preparation maybe?
Hey everybody, I am ill at the moment but I will be back on monday. I will check this then.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Configuring to use implicit FTP over SSL in passive mode for IGEL UMS Universal Firmware Update optional FTP server?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?