anybody got any luck with configuring to use implicit ftp over ssl in passive mode for Universal Firmware Update optional FTP server?
I can use the FTPS server (vsftpd) via Filezilla (also from the UMS server 6.06.100 itself) but the connection test from within the UMS is unable to login.
Hm, here it works. Though the protocol is “FTPS passive” and the port is “21”. Not sure it’s falling back to FTP passive.
Beware: You have to open quite a lot of Ports so that can work. (source UMS, target FTP, ports 20, 21, 1024-65535)
Not necessarily in passive mode. There you can specify specific ports.
Do you use tls and/or vsftpd?
i tried using ftps (implicit) and FTPES (explicit) and could confirm that the login was successfully (by trying invalid passwords / directories – which gave an error) – it seems to be a permission problem (tried umask as well) but did not get it running.
i can use that same ftpes server as an update source within a profile though – but in this case i have to get the files there by other means.
i guess there is a bug (or at least a non existing valid documentation) within the implementation here. @member or @member do you guys have a documentation for that scenario?
Will check but I don‘t think so @member
Something KB like in preparation maybe?
Hey everybody, I am ill at the moment but I will be back on monday. I will check this then.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Configuring to use implicit FTP over SSL in passive mode for IGEL UMS Universal Firmware Update optional FTP server?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”