Are there any caveats when converting IGEL ICG licenses to EMP licenses? I’m assuming that thin clients with OS10 will continue to function with the ICG. after the conversion?
OS10 will work with ICG licenses
OS11 will work with EMP licenses
Hope this helps
The problem is that we have lots of thin clients running firmware 10 that we need to upgrade to 11. They’re working now with the I.C.G. licenses, but won’t upgrade unless they have E.M.P. licenses. I would like to convert the I.C.G. licenses to E.M.P. ones, but want to make sure that the thin clients with firmware 10 will continue to connect after the conversion. I think that the E.M.P. licenses are backwards-compatible, but want to make sure.
Yes, the v10 ICG licenses will remain in UMS after the conversion. The legacy v10 ICG license packs do not report back with ILP. Be sure to update to latest UMS version prior to updates, as there is a bug where the v11 devices will consume both ICG and EMP in older versions.
I can confirm what @member said. We had the same concern initially and kept splitting the old packs as we moved devices. Once we confirmed we were good, we moved all licenses at once and the old stayed.
Thanks! I had wondered about this when I started testing — even after the conversion, the old I.C.G. licenses were still there. I’m glad that you confirmed that it’s normal.
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?