[New blog post] Creating a High Available IGEL Universal Management Server Infrastructure with Citrix NetScaler goo.gl/nWgc3x
Wow! I‘m seriously impressed. Thank you so much for sharing that document with us! I will study it in detail in a few hours
If you find a mistake please let me know 🙂
Awesome!!!! 🙂 simply great!!!
Why didn’t you configure a monitor for your Service Groups to check the state of the service?
Did you configure something specific or just used the default tcp monitor?
Currently just the TCP monitor, but i’m planning on looking at other options.
I think I added that but didn’t document it 😕
Maybe in the near future I’ll have some time to play around with Fiddler or Whireshark to get some more insight 😉
Let me know the results thus we can update the article
Digging up an old thread, but has anyone else gone this route? We’re a NetScaler shop, and I’d very much prefer to use that for load balancing than use the IGEL VM setup.
Last time I’ve implemented I’ve used the same setup as @member with the inclusion of a TCP monitor for the service group.
Outside of the NetScaler service groups and such, did you have to do anything special in UMS? The way it looks to me, we’d just need to initially create the DB on the first UMS server and then connect the second UMS server to that DB once it’s operational.
That’s what I did
So we’re drowning here right now trying to figure out how to get our two UMS servers load-balanced via NetScaler. UMS is installed with the HA options (Server and LB checked), and our NS admin created the config based on that guide. If I try and register a device using the UMS Registration app and the VIP on the NetScaler, it completely fails. However, if I point the app directly to one of the UMS servers, it succeeds. Running probeport against the VIP is successful, so something else has to be wrong here. Anyone have any ideas that I could pass along to my NS guy?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Creating a High Available IGEL Universal Management Server Infrastructure with Citrix NetScaler’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”