CUPS Definition disappears
We encounter a problem defining a local connection (USB) to HP Lasejet 3015.
In UMS: We edit workstation settings (Geräte/CUPS/Drucker maybe in english is Devices/CUPS/Printer/)
There we add printer with the + sign. We save it.
After saving and opening the settings again the CUPS printer is not available anymore.
On the workstaion: We edit workstation settings (Geräte/CUPS/Drucker maybe in english is Devices/CUPS/Printer/). There we add printer with the + sign. Doing this the select box USB-Gerät(device) shows us the locally installed printer(s). After saving and opening the settings again the CUPS printer is available.
We reboot the workstation, CUPS printer not available any more.
What could cause this?
Did you disabled some Features, under System=>Firmware Customization=>Features? If yes, can you please enable Printerlogic back?
All seems to be enabled.
Ok, thanks. What happens when adding a printer in a profile, saving and exporting the profile? Is the created XML inside the ZIP containing your Printer or is it gone also?
Is a specific printer concerned? I mean Parallel, LPD, TCP or everything?
@member: Thank you so much for your answer.
For everyone who will have a similar problem. The settings of the local IGEL’s were derived from a profile. And the following check mark was set in this profile.
After switching off this feature, the definition of the printer works again.
I guess we misjudged the way this switch works. What exactly does this setting do?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘CUPS printer Definition disappears after reboot on IGEL OS 11.02.150.01’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS