I’m working on a custom application that needs to check against total operating time. Is there a command that can run on the OS to pull this value? TIA.
Basically just need the date and time the terminal first checked into the console. This is the Total Operating Time value that’s calculated in the console. Is there a command I can use in bash to get this value locally on the terminal?
Maybe create a view in UMS:
I was looking for a way to pull it locally on the terminal. I only want the app (reboot) to run if the terminal has first checked into the console less than 15 minutes ago. Having success using modified time of license (.lic) file.
lines=$(find /license/dsa/licenses -type f -mmin +15 | wc -l); if [ $lines -eq 1 ]; then : ; else reboot; fi
Here is another way that may work for you:
Create a profile that lays down a script and then runs it. The script will be a while loop that checks the license file, etc, sleeps for some time and then checks again. Once it has checked in then reboot.
Here is a sample for another use case:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Custom application needs to check against total operating time. Is there a command that can run on the OS to pull this value?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?