A customer has bought notebooks with 2 x LAN and 1 x WLAN, which will be converted to (mobile) UDCs. How can the customer ensure, that only one license is required / used for this device, regardless of which LAN interface is used?
Thanks and Regards,
Hi Torsten, usually (and I must admit, I will have to double check again), copper is always on top, then comes Wifi.
ok thanks, but what happens if the employee connect today to LAN Port 1 and tomorrow to LAN Port 2 and another day he is using WLAN of his UDC converted notebook? Because of MAC-based UMS registration, are therefore 3 licenses required or how will this be handled with 1 OS 11 license?
The license is bounded to an MAC not especially to the active one. So, if the device has a LAN connector which stays there (not a USB one), you should be good!
I have had the same situation and it works like @member says. My customer had converted laptops and the got their settings and license through LAN and after that they went home with the users for using through WIfi without trouble (until the license is expired o fcourse 😉 )
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Device with 2 x LAN and 1 x WLAN, how can I ensure, that only one license is required?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?