Anyone having issues with difficulties booting up?
In our case it occurs between the two IGEL OS splashscreens (first just the logo, second the logo and OS version). The error is that the displays go to a very dark gray and stay there for as long as ten minutes reportedly, before our users tend to hard reset them. Sometimes patient ones will have them eventually boot up (but rarely). Most will come up after 4-5 hard resets.
This happens on a variety of devices, IGEL UD3 M350Cs, converted HP mt21s and 22s… as well as different variations of OS 11 firmware (11-4.200, .220, .240, .253).
Not by myself tbh. Can you switch to the console by pressing
CTRL ALT F10
when that happens? That could give us a hint where to look at.
That’s the problem, I’ve been unable to recreate it. LOL.
Is network maybe an issue to look at? Do you have access to a device when this issue is happening?
From the tickets I’ve seen, users simply call it in, or submit a trouble ticket after the fact. Network can be spotty from time to time. The majority are wireless notebooks.
Have seen something similar after upgrading to 11.4.100 some time ago, It happened only one time per device and could be solved by putting the device to sleep (closing the lid) and waking it up. Afzer this one time procedure it didn’t happen again. Might be totally different from your issue but maybe you can give it a try.
Thanks all, I’ll try to incorporate this in some way. Since IGEL is still relatively new to our shop, we’re still learning and trying to set up instruction for our Help Desk to better capture/diagnose/and try fixes for issues like this.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Difficulties booting IGEL OS displays go to a very dark gray and stay there for as long as ten minutes ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”