Do I need the MMCP license for using Citrix browser redirection (docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/browser-content-redirection.html) – yes, if I understand this one correct: www.igel.com/multimedia-codec-pack/
Yes, as far as I remember and in accordance with the following link:
Are they available as a trial also?
Browser content redirection is not yet available on IgelOS. MMCP is needed for multimedia redirection
@member : yes, but you may ask your Igel sales rep!
@member: got it working but it‘s a pain😑
@member so for watching YouTube and render it on the UDC I need the MMCP, right?
yes but that‘s not BCR at this time, it‘s multimedia redirection
Yep, I know but it’s fine for now 😊
we use Xenapp 7.15 with GPU servers and UD3 LX51 IGEL’s, I can hardly see a quality difference on 2 identical IGEL’s (1 with & 1 without codec pack)
Same here – only had the effect that without the MMCP in some rare situations videos are played flipped
NOTE: MMCP is now included in IGEL OS 11 for FREE!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Do I need the MMCP license for using Citrix Browser Redirection?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Lanching a published desktop via Citrix gives me “Error adding store:AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR”