Do I need the MMCP license for using Citrix browser redirection (docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/browser-content-redirection.html) – yes, if I understand this one correct: www.igel.com/multimedia-codec-pack/
Yes, as far as I remember and in accordance with the following link:
Are they available as a trial also?
Browser content redirection is not yet available on IgelOS. MMCP is needed for multimedia redirection
@member : yes, but you may ask your Igel sales rep!
@member: got it working but it‘s a pain😑
@member so for watching YouTube and render it on the UDC I need the MMCP, right?
yes but that‘s not BCR at this time, it‘s multimedia redirection
Yep, I know but it’s fine for now 😊
we use Xenapp 7.15 with GPU servers and UD3 LX51 IGEL’s, I can hardly see a quality difference on 2 identical IGEL’s (1 with & 1 without codec pack)
Same here – only had the effect that without the MMCP in some rare situations videos are played flipped
NOTE: MMCP is now included in IGEL OS 11 for FREE!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Do I need the MMCP license for using Citrix Browser Redirection?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?