Hi all, I have a basic question: Do you prefer to use IGEL hardware thin clients in future projects or would you prefer x86 machines like dell optiplex or similar? i am facing a major exchange of thin clients with a client and i am not sure which one to recommend. thanks for your infos..
die x86 maschinen werden natürlich auch mit igel os installiert
the x86 machines are of course also installed with igel os
Hi Alex! It depends from what you are planning to do, IMHO. If you are planning to replace existing machines, then I would go for Igel devices since they are fully supported (drivers, features, support, etc…) and bring 5 years of warranty, but it might be a bit more expansive.
If you want to get power at a low price level, I would go for the non Igel Hardware.
Hello Sebastien, thank you very much for your opinion. i’m not sure if igel isn’t slowly leaving the hardware business. 5 years warranty is also given on the optiplex and according to igel whitepapers the os runs on any x86 hardware – then drivers shouldn’t be a problem either. what do you think?
have you had bad experience with x86 hardware or certain drivers, devices? i am really very grateful for all experiences/recommendations…
I’m pretty good with Intel Cpus / Gpus, I made (sometimes) less experience with some older AMDs but I will check if I find someting more concrete! In the meantime, you could have a closer look to #community-hcl just to get community tested devices 🙂
thank you Sebastien, much appreciated 👍
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Do you prefer to use IGEL hardware thin clients in future projects or would you prefer x86 machines like dell optiplex or similar?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”