Hi, does Citrix BCR works correctly with IGEL OS and Virtual Apps & Desktops 7.15 CU5 ?
Hi, when speaking about actual Firmware 11.03.110: yes.
That’s a bit of an optimistic statement @member – at least from what I’ve seen BCR still isn’t very reliable
I found it performing quite well tbh. What did you noticed ? @member
flaky, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t – might be related to the Hardware of the endpoints. I tested with UD2 and UD9
Be also aware of the security implications of BCR. You are moving the browser to your endpoint. A vulnerability in the embedded chromium browser would mean to wait for the next CWA inside the next Igel OS firmware and test and deploy both. IMHO you should select the list of sites for BCR very, very carefully…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does Citrix Browser Content Redirection (BCR) works correctly with IGEL OS and Virtual Apps & Desktops 7.15 CU5?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?