Hi, does Citrix BCR works correctly with IGEL OS and Virtual Apps & Desktops 7.15 CU5 ?
Hi, when speaking about actual Firmware 11.03.110: yes.
That’s a bit of an optimistic statement @member – at least from what I’ve seen BCR still isn’t very reliable
I found it performing quite well tbh. What did you noticed ? @member
flaky, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t – might be related to the Hardware of the endpoints. I tested with UD2 and UD9
Be also aware of the security implications of BCR. You are moving the browser to your endpoint. A vulnerability in the embedded chromium browser would mean to wait for the next CWA inside the next Igel OS firmware and test and deploy both. IMHO you should select the list of sites for BCR very, very carefully…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does Citrix Browser Content Redirection (BCR) works correctly with IGEL OS and Virtual Apps & Desktops 7.15 CU5?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?