One of our customers wants to purchase a hand scanner from Honeywell Xenon 1900 at the RZI and therefore we have to clarify in advance whether this works with thin clients and Citrix XenApp 7.15 or not. Can you help us here and check which requirements are necessary?
had a couple of Metrologics and Honeywell scanner in my former company and they worked well; since, they should still act as HID Device, I would say yes. TBH. I never had to test wireless devices, but the best way would be to order a testdevice and check it.
Usually, connecting the scanner as USB Device, results in a “kind of” keyboard HID Device, so everything that is scanned should be passed to VDI/TS like a Keyboard press, I wouldn’t see a specific issue or recommendation (beside the idea to exclude the device from USB redirection). Hope that helps.
You beat me to it 😛
great, thank you very much for the detailed feedback, that helps me a lot 😃👍
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does Honeywell Xenon 1900 at the RZI hand scanner work with IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?