Hi guys – I’m curious…does IGEL OS support drive encryption on either converted machines or IGEL thin client hardware?
Hi Stuart, you mean like Bitlocker? We will introduce a Preboot authentication in one of the upcoming releases of Igel OS. Bitlocker (meant for mounting it inside Igel OS) is available by using a CP called Dislocker.
Hi @member – do you mean encrypted devices in a session or you speaking about a local hard drive encryption?
local hard drive encryption. Device gets lifted from a facility…can it be encrypted in that event so there is less security exposure. Have a healthcare client asking.
For the moment, not officially integrated but in case of HW Encryption in a Preboot method, that would work but I would recommend to get some help of a local Igel Presales rep. to support you.
In addition to wrap-up our security features: www.igel.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IGEL_Security-EN.pdf
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does IGEL OS support drive encryption on either converted machines or IGEL thin client hardware?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS