The business I work for is considering converting our Wyse 3040 clients to IGEL OS.
I know that Wyse 3040s are on the support list but does the support also include the Wi-Fi version of the Wyse 3040 hardware?
Would Wi-Fi work on Wyse 3040s when imaged with IGEL OS without issues?
Hi, from my last Customers feedback, yes! It should work. But since they are so much revisions out there, I would highly recommend a test with a UD Pocket.
@member Go to Dell web site and enter service tag to get details on wifi used in device.
If it is intel chip, then for example look here for the kernel for support (IGEL 11.05 kernel is 5.9+ and 11.04 kernel is 5.4+).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does IGEL OS support running on Wyse 3040 and their Wi-Fi version? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?