Hey guys, is IGEL OS already supporting H.265 hardware encoding / decoding? And if so, on which LX Models?
Don’t think it’s supported already, since MMCP only supports H.264
Hm… hoped maybe with the UD7 because of the GPU. I think Hardware would be supporting it already, but Firmware has to be extended
@member what’s the use case for it? Citrix? If so, receiver for Linux/workspace app do not have h265 implementation yet..
@member thanks for your answer, you‘re right, Receiver for Linux is not supporting H265 yet. But for Windows since 4.10, using it at my customers with NVIDIA gpu. Will ask Citrix hows the plan for that
@member Did you ever receive a response from Citrix on H.265 for Linux?
I asked the HDX / Workspace Team today here at Summit for the Plans – H265 for Receiver for Linux is still on the waiting list
@member so H265 (if citrix will add Support in Receiver 4 Linux, soon) would be possible with next UD Models including the Jetson Chip?
So will the UD7 support H.265 once Citrix releases it for Linux, and you roll out an update to support it?
Will the UD7 support H.265 once Citrix releases it for Linux and you push the update out?
Do we know when Citrix plans to release it Linux?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does IGEL OS suppoty H.265 hardware encoding / decoding?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?