Does MS Teams work with USB webcam redirection with latest IGEL OS 10.6.179.01 and Citrix 1912? Are there any special settings or requirements to make this work? Thanks in advance!
It only works with the 32-bit Teams installed on VDA
For the moment, we only support Audio, when speaking about the Offloading stuff.
For the Redirection itself, here is a list of all available settings:
Thank everyone for their comments above! @member I watched your youtube demo at www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aL_CylOtwc and I see that you were using IGEL OS 11. Have there been any tests with this same setup using the latest release from 10.6.179? Does this same test require the 32bit version of Teams or will this work with 64bit as well? Thanks!
To make use of Multimedia redirection Teams has to be 32 bit. It’s a Citrix Linux Workspace app limitation.
Do you know if there have been any announcements for 64 bit support in future or if this will be the case for the foreseeable future?
I have not seen or heard of any announcements regarding 64bit support for multimedia redirection on Linux. I think it will become obsolete once we finally get the Teams optimization with LInux Workspace app, which should be available quite soon.
I know there have been some issues with Mac OS as well and optimization not yet working. I am hopeful as well that Citrix has a solution soon for this and Linux and then I can continue using my 64bit version that is already deployed! I am also hopeful that when this is available that IGEL OS will have the Citrix workspace app available with the optimization included for 10.6.x! Thanks again for your insight with this!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does MS Teams work with USB webcam redirection with latest IGEL OS 10.6.179.01 and Citrix 1912? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS