Has anyone implemented Dragon Medical One in a single-hop configuration (installed directly onto the XenDesktop image) with IGEL devices? The workflow where Generic USB Redirection works fine, but DMO doesn’t actually require generic USB redirection for this mic on Windows clients, so I’m trying to get it to use Citrix HDX audio. My issue is that when I go this route, the microphone that appears in DMO shows up as Citrix HDX Audio instead of PowerMicII-NS, like it does on Windows clients. Is this just the nature of the beast thanks to the Linux CWA client, or is additional configuration required? I watched the Nuance demo from the recent IGEL meet, but they were also using generic USB redirection.
With Linux CWA, regular audio USB optimized devices will display as Citrix HDX Audio. The exception, aside from generic USB redirection, is with things like Skype, Teams, Cisco Jabber, etc. when client side optimization components are in place. And, the audio might work fine in your scenario, but what about the buttons on the device?
I was actually just about to test that – buttons don’t work. Damn, that’s a shame. I can roll with generic USB redirection, but was really hoping that I didn’t have to.
At least you don’t have to mess with the double-hop, so there’s that!
So, if USB redirection is not used, buttons will not work? In any environment? VMware? RDP? Citrix? I heard there is some plugin from Nuance. Does it support buttons redirection?
The Nuance extensions are what makes everything work, for Windows. No Linux version of them, though.
If more customers ask for the Linux version, they may eventually give in. We have begged and begged. Please pass that feedback onto your account rep!
FabulaTech has plans to release such plugin for IGEL. If someone is interested in, please let me know (will use as argument to speed up the process).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Dragon Medical One in a single-hop configuration (installed directly onto the XenDesktop image) with IGEL devices’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS