When starting a Cromium or Firefox browser session, the following error message appears in the lower right corner:
Cannot provide the requested gstreamer version, because another session or the configuration of the system locks it.
The session may have degraded performance.
However, the browser works afterwards without any noticeable problems.
What could be the cause of this error message?
Moreover, how do I get rid of it?
Hello Thomas which IGEL OS version are you using? Is BCR in use?
I use 11.05.120.01
What is BCR?
Browser Content Redirection
Did you try to connect before ?
Are both browsers launching when booting the device?
Hello @member, normally you will see this when Citrix is in the same environment. That is where the BCR setting comes from.
Sessions -> Citrix -> Citrix Global -> HDX Media -> Browser content redirection
You can disable gstreaminer for Firefox in
Sessions -> Firefox Browser -> Firefox Browser Global -> Advanced -> Disable GStreamer in Browser
Checking these may help 🙂
Thanks to all for the tips.
Not that I know of, Browser Content Redirection means nothing to me.
We don’t have a Citrix environment, we just use RDP.
When I Disable GStreamer in Browser the error message still comes up.
To make sure RDP and local browser sessions agree on the same gstreamer version, you could try to set the following in the IGEL Registry:
_multimedia.gstreamer.version -> 1.0_
_sessions.browser%.gstreamer_version -> either_
_sessions.winconnect%.gstreamer_version -> either_
For licencing reasons IGEL OS can only provide one version of gstreamer at a time.
Because specific sessions types do not work with both versions it’s not always possible to use them at same time.
Hello @member look again by the another profile. I had the same problem.
Remove the firefox browser setting and try it again. Here exist a dependency between these two browsers.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error “Cannot provide the requested gstreamer version” starting Cromium or Firefox browser session on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?