Getting error when connecting endpoint to icg. it says i am connected to the icg but get Error: Failed to register the device at the UMS.
Which UMS / ICG / Igel OS Version are you using?
Sorry, that might help. Just built icg so version 2.01.110. UMS is 6.04.120. The UPD is on 10.06.110.01
On OS10, you will need ICG Licenses on UMS side. Are there some left?
Yes, only using 13 of our 100 licenses. This is under the deployment section under licenses. not sure if icg requires it somewhere else
Usually this is caused by some kind of load balancer or firewall that is in front of the ICG that is doing traffic shaping / manipulation.
Is there anything in front of the ICG, or between ICG and UMS that could be doing traffic manipulation?
There is a firewall between the icg (in dmz) and both internal and external resources. That was my first thought, but you can never tell a firewall guy he didn’t do something correct! I have a ticket open with igel but was hoping i might get some kind of an answer here who might have had a similar issue.
If they are doing direct port passthrough for 8443 it should be OK, but if they are doing anything else it won’t. Can you ping me the public address? I can run a quick test to see if I can see anything
Hoping to get an answer as we are experiencing the same issue 🙂 all help appreciated as ever
Have you already had the chance to check the ideas sent above? Which versions are you using?
Exactly same versions as its a new instal , UMS has just been updated to latest, we have 90 licences spare.. when the device is already built on local lan and we connect to ICG it goes through however IF I factory reset and try to add back it connects to ICG just will not register on UMS. Hope that makes sense, thanks
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error connecting IGEL OS to ICG – says connected but receive “Error: Failed to register the device at the UMS”‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?