Anyone come across an issue when registering a TC for the first time, we get an error “error exchanging passwords!”. We have 50-60 registered IGC clients already, so this is a first. We tried creating a new mass deployment password, however that does not work either.
Hrmm – looks like ICG is disconnected. When clicking the connect button, I see the following, but it remains in a disconnected state
Hey @member, I know there were a few fixes concerning ICG connection drops in the latest UMS and ICG releases. Can you provide the versions of UMS/ICG you are currently running?
What version of UMS?
That should be past the point where we had known issues. If you check resources are RAM/CPU utilization pegged by chance?
on either UMS or ICG?
No, both running less than %5 CPU.
I just rebooted ICG, did not help
Any network changes made, firewall or routing possibly?
There was a failover to our backup ISP, but no routing/firewalling
After rebooting ICG, the status is now connected, but still getting the password error.
Can you send a screenshot of the error by chance?
Not really. It is on the ICG setup screen where it shows the cert fingerprint, and the password field
You could try restarting UMS, but other than that I think it would be best to contact support
Looks like it was a timing issue. I just went to get something to eat, came back and everything is working again. I wonder if there is some kind of polling agent in ICG?
@member can you maybe check if Time is consistent between ICG/UMS/Endpoint?
The system time is within 0.1 seconds of each other.
Oh well, that was my first thought… Ok…
Either way, seems to be back up and running after a reboot of ICG. Thanks for the help @member and @member
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error “error exchanging passwords!” registering IGEL OS devices’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS