Hi all, Has anyone seen the below issue when upgrading a HA setup of UMS?
I have a dev environment, 2 servers combined with UMS and LB roles. I have updated them successfully but when trying to reconnect to the SQL database, I get the following error message:
“Error while executing SQL ALTER TABLE ALD_TOKEN ALTER COLUMN TOKEN VARCHAR(100)”
Any one seen this before?
Hi, usually the DB is upgraded after the last UMS Server in the list is updated.
Like described here:
The last server which is being updated renews the schema of the productive database after the installation. All other servers within the network which run in update mode will be informed that the installation has finished. They will restart and reconnect themselves to the productive database. Afterwards, they will run in productive mode.
Are they maybe some old servers left somewhere?
Hi Sebastian, Nope, only 2 servers in the ha setup. I did get the prompt to say the 2 of 2 servers updated. The temporary local db is still present under the datastore section of the Admin tool.
Sounds strange indeed, did you tried to shutdown and restart the DB Instance just to avoid some locks?
The SQL instance has been restarted – the issue persists
I think that it is a issue where our devs need to have an eye on it, could you open a ticket and keep us in the loop?
hi yep sure.
DOC: like described here: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8JC44LSZ/p1559727276009400
Error while executing SQL ALTER TABLE ALD_TOKEN ALTER COLUMN TOKEN VARCHAR(100)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error: “Error while executing SQL ALTER TABLE ALD_TOKEN ALTER COLUMN TOKEN VARCHAR(100)” upgrading IGEL HA’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS