Hey guys! Can someone help me with a pdf Problem in mozilla Firefox? When I try to open a pdf I get the following error: Failed to load backend for ‘applicaten/pdf’ libpoppler.so.73 cannot open shared object file No such file or directory.
Hey maximilian, which Firmware are are you using?
There was a bug inside of Firefox.
FF is off the hook for this one. It’s the CUPS partition that’s probably not enabled. Inside cups is also this libpoppler which is needed by the external document viewer to render PDFs.
But wasn‘t it fixed on actual Firmwares @member that disabling cups feature results in this behavior?
I use Igel OS 11.04.240
Did you disabled unneeded Features like mentioned by jo?
System, Firmware Customization, Features?
My build has libpoppler still inside /services/cups. But let me check 11.04.240. On the other hand the missing lib is a giveaway.
Yeah i disabled the CUPS
Then Jo is to 100% right, let‘s wait for his findings.
Okey i have enabled CUPS and it worked. Ty all
So, in my 11.04.240, I get your findings without CUPS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error “Failed to load backend for ‘applicaten/pdf'” opening PDF in FireFox ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”