Hey guys! Can someone help me with a pdf Problem in mozilla Firefox? When I try to open a pdf I get the following error: Failed to load backend for ‘applicaten/pdf’ libpoppler.so.73 cannot open shared object file No such file or directory.
Hey maximilian, which Firmware are are you using?
There was a bug inside of Firefox.
FF is off the hook for this one. It’s the CUPS partition that’s probably not enabled. Inside cups is also this libpoppler which is needed by the external document viewer to render PDFs.
But wasn‘t it fixed on actual Firmwares @member that disabling cups feature results in this behavior?
I use Igel OS 11.04.240
Did you disabled unneeded Features like mentioned by jo?
System, Firmware Customization, Features?
My build has libpoppler still inside /services/cups. But let me check 11.04.240. On the other hand the missing lib is a giveaway.
Yeah i disabled the CUPS
Then Jo is to 100% right, let‘s wait for his findings.
Okey i have enabled CUPS and it worked. Ty all
So, in my 11.04.240, I get your findings without CUPS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error “Failed to load backend for ‘applicaten/pdf'” opening PDF in FireFox ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?