I’m trying to push a snapshot to a UD6 IGEL OS Windows device, but I keep receiving ERROR reading data from WIM file, anybody have any explanation/root cause for this?
Hi Michiel, which Windows 10 and UMS versions are you using?
Is your snapshot a custom or an official Snapshot from IGEL?
We are using Igel Universal Desktop W10 with UMS version 6.06.100 and this is a custom snapshot
Great ! But which is the W10 Snapshot version you built it from?
i’ll add that the full error says Error reading data from WIM file: Invalid Argument
4.01.100 had indeed a few bugs on Snapshot creation… Would you mind to first update the image to the latest Firmware? Just be aware that this process will overwrite settings you made locally…
I tried deploying via USB and this does work
Any idea what could cause HTTP deploy to not work? Some firewall settings perhaps?
Yes, there was a bug on the first 1-3 versions of W10 IoT versions, was fixed on 4.02 from what I recall.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ERROR reading data from WIM on IGEL OS Windows device’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS