I got a converted HP T520 ThinClient device (version 10.06.190.01) in the UMS Console (version 6.06.110) and even though the device is on the same network as all the other devices and also does have the same configuration profile, I can’t connect though Remote Shadowing. The error message is the following when trying to connect. Do you have any idea what the issue could be?
Error: “VNC desktop: 192.168.x.x:5900 Error: 1/0 error: Connection refused: connect”
Hey, can you check if the device’s time is correct? Usually setting a profile to set the time for your devices is always a good/best practice:
Also, you can ‘send a message to a device’ to ensure the UMS/ICG is seeing the device. If this works, it’s probably time:
Thanks for the reply.
The time configuration was indeed not correct but after correcting it and rebooting the device, it still didn’t do the job.
Hello Pedro! Just in case: is shadowing working somewhere else? What are your settings made in your Shadowing profile? Is someone needing to accept the connect maybe?
Yes, shadowing is working for other devices.
These are my settings for the shadowing profile.
Would you have any idea what else I could try?
I managed to solve the issue. The folder which I was using to connect to the device seemed to have some form of corruption. I tried moving the device to a folder with an identical profile and also tried creating a new one – everything worked fine. Also, the licensing was also identical. I just deleted that “corrupt” folder, created a new one and assigned the same objects to it, fixed the issue.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Error: “VNC desktop: 192.168.x.x:5900 Error: I/0 error: Connection refused: connect” connecting though Remote Shadowing’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?