Trialling WVD on IGEL… all appears to be working fine however we have noticed every 30 minutes the central portion of the screen goes black for about 0.5 seconds, this appears to be the ‘IGEL Browser’ appearing as if it was going to ask for my O365 credentials again (as it was originally doing this and forcing me to re-enter MFA until I made some azure changes) I was wondering if this is a known issue/bug? (I’ll try and get an image but its tricky to capture!
Hi Andrew, which firmware are you using and which hardware?
IGEL OS 11.05.120.01
Running on a flashed Dell Wyse 3040 Thin Client
Hi Andrew. Would you be willing to share what you changed in Azure? We have the exact same issue. Exactly 30 minutes after last authenticating, the IGEL pops up a login prompt for Office 365. Downgrading helped (11.05.120 and 11.05.100 seem affected, 11.04.100 not).
I submitted a ticket.
Really interesting… Looking for your feedback @member
Of course Ruud, please do this at your own risk as Im not 100% sure what impact the things I did has had within azure concerning security
I noticed the popup tied in with a failed sign in on Azure AD – id expect you’ll find the same, long story short following the steps by ddasilva here: techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-virtual-desktop/caa20004-aadsts65005-the-app-needs-access-to-a-service/m-p/1403787
got it to stop prompting
Also… @member is 11.04.100 working perfectly for WVD, no black screen or pop up every 30 minutes?
Hi Andrew. Thanks! I’ll check it out. 🙂
11.04.100 was a version we still had in the UMS. After downgrading, the popup was gone. The popups started to appear after we upgraded our IGELs to 11.05.120. (We’re also in the process of piloting WVD.)
Downgrading to 11.05.100 did not solve it. Downgrading to 11.04.100 did.
We’re using Okta as the IDP for Office 365, so we get an Okta popup. But the same happened with an account which authenticates through ADFS instead of Okta.
Hi Andrew. That did the trick for me also. Thanks! 🙂
And I can confirm I now alsno have the same black square which appears for a split second, at the time and position the login prompt used to appear.
Tried to capture it too, but it appears and disappears too fast. 😛
We have regular IGELs. In this case a UD3-LX 60 (M350C).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Every 30 minutes the central portion of the screen goes black for about 0.5 seconds on IGEL OS 11.05.120
on a flashed Dell Wyse 3040’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?