Firmware Upgrade, then IGEL UD2 gets stuck (Only NumLock, ScrollLock, CAPSLock blinking)
Hi, when upgrading the firmware on a brandnew IGEL UD2 (actually tried several) – the upgrade goes throught, IGEL reboots – beeps one time and does not go on
It is then stuck in an unknown state (just the 3 LEDs on the keyboard blinking every 2-3seconds)
What firmware were you going from and to? And what method did you use to perform the upgrade? (UMS, USB, etc?)
In addition to Davids questions:
which UD2 Model number are you using?
Are you able to get into Bios (repeating press of del key after boot)
is something else (outside of Keyboard / mouse / display) connected to the endpoint? If yes, please remove the devices
did you tried another display and / or cable / keyboard?
upgrade is from 11.01.110 to .120
changed displayport and displayportcable
only usb-cablemouse connected and ethernet
no input possible after upgrading, stuck with 2sec LEDblinking (would be, keyboard also disconnected)
And I believe, you tried to update through UMS Universal Firmware Update, right?
Are we speaking about the new UD2 with Intel CPU, right?
I would say (if Bios neither Bootorder is selectable) that the device might be defective…
Do you have other UD2s or just this one?
Maybe a last (dumb) question: do you have several Igels? I mean I had this behavior when trying to use a Power supply that wasn‘t the right one (tried UD2 PSU on UD6 a.e.).
Hi, hanks for your inputs – it was the keyboard. normal HP keyboard, connected over USB. currently trying different ones, on different ports
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ Firmware Upgrade, then IGEL UD2 gets stuck (Only NumLock, ScrollLock, CAPSLock blinking)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”