Upgraded IGEL firmware to 10.05.800.01 from 10.400.100.1, and discovered DisplaySwitch is broken. It is not letting us switch displays. It seems to work with HP ProDisplay P221 monitors, but not other monitors like Dell P2217H. Is this a known issue? On the plus side, the new DisplaySwitch looks nice 🙂
Have you updated the template on which the profile is based on to 10.05.800?
So the display switcher starts, but applying settings doesn‘t work. Is that true?
Yup. The DisplaySwitch utility launches, it detects the monitors correctly, but it just won’t swap out.
The profiles are still based on the older firmware. I created a new profile with the new firmware, but the same issue occurred. It’s weird.
Can you try to open a terminal, login as root, switch to user:
and issue the following command:
Does it work then?
“Xfce4-display-settings: cannot open display”
Started as user: user?
I logged as root
please change the user by using
If I run it as user, I get the same thing.
Also, side question. Now when I try to send an update to end points, it seems like the firmware is reinstalling again. Is there a way to stop that since they are already upgraded?
Are you using UDC/UDP or an Igel Device?
No, if you send a update command, the device will try to start the update even if it matches the profile.
UDC and UD3s.
Any way to review logs from the affected thin clients?
Sure: you could open a local terminal journalctl -n 20 -f
or try in UMS Help=>Save Device files for support
Both methods should gather what you need.
I did the UMS Help and got a zip file. I wasn’t sure what to look for though lol. Where would you look for video card / display issues?
It depends but xorg or on terminal journalctl should help.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘GEL OS DisplaySwitch is not letting us switch displays’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS