Has anyone been able to successfully deploy UDC via SCCM as shown in this video?
After working around some issues with encryption and having to use 32 bit boot.wims, I was able to get the image to apply using dd for dos. However, it comes up as no operating system found. I can confirm there is data written to the drive the same size as my image file, but it will not boot.
I ran into the exact same issue. OS installed, but on first boot it fails.
So breaking news on this front, I completely decrypted the device and it was able to boot into the OS. Even when running a diskpart to clean the disk it seems like some part of encryption was still affecting this. Time to dig more into encryption.
@member can you please raise a support ticket? Thank you
I found this on the mcafee forums:
“If you restore partition from image like ghost imaging then, it will not touch the MBR/SBR so what you need to do is simply boot wintech and remove eepc.. it’s will try to remove eepc and since drive is not encrypted it will only remove SBR info or you can you fixmbr.”
Sounds like I may just need to add a fixmbr step. I will test more next week 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ Has anyone been able to successfully deploy UDC via SCCM?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?