Has anyone had issues with UD Pocket flash drives dying more frequently in certain computers? We have been using leftover Lenovo P330 Tiny’s recently, and it seems like the flash drives are dying a lot more frequently in those. The drives seem to get super hot and I’m assuming that’s why. These computers do have USB 3.0 ports whereas the computers we had been using previously don’t.
No, I didn‘t but that‘s really interesting! When you say “dying” do you mean the UD Pocket needed to be reflashed or sent back to IGEL? Are you using some special features like Custom Partitions or local Data?
I mean, the UDP gets quite hot (sometimes it feels uncomfortably hot) but the function isn‘t altered.
You could try to use a short cable to thermally isolate it a bit.
For some reason I didn’t get an email notification. Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, the flash drives are just completely DOA. I’ve tried re-flashing them with the software Igel provided to me, but they always fail. I have been able to re-flash Igel drives previously and I tested with a drive I knew was working just to make sure it wasn’t my computer. As an experiment, I tried re-formatting one through diskpart and through some software we use but it would fail to format no matter what I did. I think we may try Marius’ suggestion. My only guess is that they are overheating.
No worries. can you keep us posted?
When did you bought them?
Sure thing Sebastien! I believe we bought these drives about 5 or 6 months ago. We’ve had UD pocket drives fail before, but they are failing at a much higher rate in this newer model of Lenovo.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Has anyone had issues with IGEL UD Pocket flash drives dying more frequently in certain computers?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?