Has anyone created a IGEL OS vm in Azure? I was thinking you couldn’t build a vm from an ISO in azure so maybe build locally and import VHD but not sure that would work? Is there a better way to do this?
I know we talked about this on Friday but build a Win 7 or 10 VM in Azure, install the new OSC for Windows package ( kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/igel-os-creator-for-windows-oscw-28272431.html kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/igel-os-creator-for-windows-oscw-28272431.html ) and convert to IGEL OS from UMS. At least in theory this should work.
OSCW doesn’t work on virtual machines at this point in time, unfortunately – it has issues pulling info on the amount of system memory and therefore won’t proceed. I’ve tested on ESXi and Virtualbox, it’s probably the same outcome on whatever flavor of Hyper-V Azure VMs run on but it’s worth investigating at least 🙂
I had no problems booting up and installing IGEL OS from a local fresh Virtualbox VM
IGEL OS works no problem in Virtualbox, the OSC for Windows does not at the moment
Well it was a good idea Chris….
Seems like there should be a way to get an IGEL OS VM in azure…but for now…its really a non issue. Just was a nicety
yeah, a nice idea. So, a few additional thoughts. The OSC for Windows conversion tool definitely doesn’t work for a VM scenario. It’s my understanding that the tool looks for physical hardware during the process (?). But, if you want to test converting a Windows VM, I was able to do this with a Win 7 VM in Virtual Box by mounting the OSC iso file as a CD, changing the boot order and rebooting. The conversion menu appeared, but I had to select the Failsafe Recovery option to make it work. Upon a reboot, I also had to hit the ESC key to bring up the emergency boot menu and select VESA mode. This is a current known issue and there is a workaround in our Release Notes as follows: ### VirtualBox
The current VirtualBox Guest Tools/Drivers will not work with VirtualBox 5.2.x
or older hosts which leads to black screen and non working graphic.
Install with ‘Failsafe Installation + Recovery’ and set
x.drivers.force_vesa* registry key to true.*
But if you just want to install a fresh OS (no prior OS), just use the OSC iso with the VM as others have mentioned.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Has anyone installed IGEL OS in a VM on Azure? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?