Has anyone invested in HIVEIO technology as a VDI solution and is it compatible with IGEL endpoints? www.hiveio.com/solutions
Not particularly IMO. Because of the way the web broker works, it requires you to download a RDP file in order to connect (at least in the setup I had seen), which currently IGEL OS doesn’t handle very well.
Thank you for your feedback. Can you elaborate more about your testing/results or if possible point me to any technical articles as we are considering with over 800 endpoints.
Hi Neil, unfortunately I don’t have any resources I can send you because my only experience with HiveIO was while trying to resolve issues for a customer who had migrated to HiveIO.
The problem was that HiveIO presented a web portal and user had to pick a Desktop out of a pool. An RDP file was then generated, containing the connection details, and we were able to connect using those details by manually entering the server name into IGEL settings. However this had to be done each time a new connection was made, because from what I understood, the VMs were dynamically allocated, and the connection details would change each time.
Ultimately we never managed to find a working solution, but it could be that registering the MIME-type for RDP files and opening with the builtin RDP client on IGEL OS might solve the problem. Unfortunately we never got to that stage so I can’t confirm whether that solution would work or not.
Hopefully this gives you a bit more info. I don’t have anything particular against HiveIO but it doesn’t seem to be compatible with IGEL OS right now. If you wanted to test for yourself, I would recommend downloading a trial license for OS11 and installing as a VM where you could test HiveIO (assuming that you had a demo account to access services). If you needed further help you would need to contact our Presales rep for your region.
great – thanks very much!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Has anyone invested in HIVEIO technology as a VDI solution and is it compatible with IGEL endpoints?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”