Has anyone try installing igel OS 10/11 on a normal PC to dual boot? If so, how did it go?
Hi @member, if using the OS creator to install the IGEL OS there is no option to install dual boot. This has to be done using other third party tools if so.
Correct, just found that out by attempting it. Which third party software would you recommend?
We are testing for a client who’s interested in dual booting.
I have none to recommend, sorry
Thank you Frederik
usually you can use a ud pocket for this scenario
Yes, I would agree but the customer was just curious.
Hi @member, did you get anywhere with dual booting IGEL? I have been asked to do the same with our customer but there is very little to go on. Our use case will be to do a POC project in a location but preserve the current OS (Win10) and any data on the PCs
Last I heard it is a no go.
Thanks for quick reply! No go as in not possible or not a requirement anymore?
For this scenario I would recommend use of the UD Pocket.
Thanks @member yes it is the recommended method and the Pre-Sales engineer I was talking to also said the same. My manager seems to think that this should be possible so it is up to me to prove it isn’t. If it isn’t then the question is why not?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Has anyone tried installing IGEL OS on a normal PC to dual boot? If so, how did it go?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS