Hi guys. Need some assistance with a custom Zoom partition. I followed the instructions here: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/creating-a-profile-for-the-custom-partition-32868945.html
Zoom works great, along with all peripherals. One thing I noticed though, and haven’t been able to figure out is that as soon as Zoom gets installed on the clients, the Volume Control widget in the taskbar disappears, the Sound Preferences accessory no longer launches, and worst of all, the DisplaySwitch accessory no longer launches.
I have confirmed that this only occurs after Zoom custom partition install, and is not related to any other profiles I have assigned to the units. Any ideas?
Hi Nicholas, which deb version of Zoom did you used?
Let me see…. It was the latest 5.4.7
Follow this to build latest Zoom in less than a minute:
Here is a video showing building MS Teams:
Thanks Ron. I already have the partition built, not having any trouble with Zoom functionality…
Well — looks like the CP for Zoom broke IGEL functionality.
The Volume Control widget in the taskbar disappears, the Sound Preferences accessory no longer launches, and worst of all, the DisplaySwitch accessory no longer launches.
I recommend to rebuild it via the build script posted above.
Ok, I will repackage and push using the script above.
Watch the above video to see the steps.
I had this kind of behavior when libraries that we are using in Igel OS went overwritten by newer / different ones. Have to drop know but will look at it tomorrow!
Last thing: is
showing something after your CP mounting?
Ron, using the script and redeploying has resolved the issues. Thank You!
The KB article I referenced should be updated to reflect whatever differences the script makes.
Excellent — I’m glad to have helped. Take care
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help creating a Zoom custom partition for IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?